Dear Visitors, Welcome! This is David Shaohua Wang. I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Informatics, Ying Wu College of Computing, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) (R1 research school, ranked at 97th in US (2020), and the largest technological university in Tri-state area).
I lead the Software Engineering lab @ NJIT
Our team has some openings. Please check here: JOBS
Research interests: My research spans the study of software engineering from system, empirical, and machine learning perspectives. More specifically, I am interested in the following fields:
- Machine Leaning (especially deep learning) based information extraction and management from Software repositories and online resources (e.g., Stackoverflow and Github)
- Software quality, evolution, clone and maintenance
- Service-oriented computing
- Software Security and Privacy
- Informal and Formal, K-12 and STEM education
Very Short Bio:
Assistant Professor New Jersey Institute of Technology August 2017-Now
Postdoc Fellow Queen's University June 2016- June 2017 Under the supervision of Dr. Ying (Jenny) Zou in Software Re-engineering Research Group, ECE, Queen's University, Ontario, Canada
Ph.D in CS Queen's University Jan 2012 - May 2016 Thesis: Assisting End-users in Filling out Web Services My supervisor was Dr. Ying Zou. My PhD supervisory committee includes Dr. Ying (Jenny) Zou , Dr. Ahmed E. Hassan, and Dr. Mohammad Zulkernine. My PhD thesis examination committee includes Dr. Ying (Jenny) Zou, Dr. Kwei-Jay Lin, Dr. Hossam Saad Hassanein, Dr. Patrick Martin, Dr. Ahmad Afsahi
Yi Li, BS Renmin University of China, MS Stevens Tech, USA, PhD 09/2017 – ?
Yong Zhao, BS and MS from Qingdao Technological University, PhD 09/2017 – 08/2018
Jiahao Fan, BS and MS from WuHan University China, PhD 09/2019 – ?
Chen Lin, BS NJIT
Quzhi Li, BS Rutgers Univ. at New Brunswick,
IS218 Building Web Applications, Spring, Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Fall 2019
IS390 System Design and Analysis, Fall 2017
External Research Funding
Title: Smart Internet of Things (2017)
Company/Program: Microsoft Azure Research Award
PI: Shaohua Wang
Amount/Value: USD 20,000
It has been my pleasure to know the following great minds
Dr. Ying (Jenny) Zou is a Canada Research Chair in Software Evolution, a visiting scientist of Canada IBM Centers for Advanced Studies, a full Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and cross-appointed to the School of Computing, Queen’s University, Canada.
Ms. Joanna Ng was a Cognitive IoT strategy and Innovation Chair in IBM. She was the Head of Research at IBM Canada Software Laboratories, Center for Advanced Studies.
Dr. Ahmed E. Hassan is a Canada Research Chair in Software Analytics, a NSERC/BlackBerry Industrial Research Chair in Software Engineering, and a Professor in the School of Computing, Queen’s University, Canada. He is an IEEE Fellow
Dr. Kwei-Jay Lin is a Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of California, Irvine, USA. He is an IEEE Fellow.
Dr. Mohammad Zulkernine is a Professor and Canada Research Chair in Software Dependability in the School of Computing of Queen’s University, Canada.
Dr. Foutse Khomh is an Associate Professor at the Ecole Polytechnique de Montréal (Canada) where he leads the SWAT team on software analytics and cloud engineering research..
You may see me in the following Conferences or Events
2020 ICSE @ Seoul
2019 MSR and ICSE@Montreal, ICWS@ Milan, ISSTA@Beijing, ASE@San Diego, and OOPSLA@Athens, Greece
2017 ICWS, Hasso Plattner Institue (HPI) Symposium by SAP Next-Gen.
2016 CSER, CASCON
2015 IBM University Days, ICWS (and all other co-located conferences, such as SCC, BigData), Annual Ultra-large Scale Services (ULySSes) meeting, CSER, CSCON
2014 ICWS, ICSOC
2013 ICWS, ICSE, MSR, Release Engineering, CASCON, CSER, Annual Ultra-large Scale Services (ULySSes) meeting
2012 WCRE, CASCON, CSER, IBM University Days, MSR Vision 2020
Program Committee or Reviewer/Co-reviewer
- Transactions on Services Computing (TSC 2015, 2016, 2019)
- International Journal of Communication Systems (IJCS 2019)
- Journal of Computer Science and Technology (JSCT 2019)
- Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (JSME 2018)
- Journal of Systems and Software (JSS 2017 2018 2019)
- Behaviour & Information Technology (BIT 2019)
- Journal of Web Engineering (JWE 2017 2018)
- Journal of Central South University (2014)
- IEEE International Conference on Web Services (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), demo track (2020)
- International Conference on service-oriented computing (ICSOC) research/industry (2019)
- International Conference on service-oriented computing (ICSOC), demo track (2018, 2019)
- IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC) (2020)
- The Twelfth International Conference on Advances in Databases, Knowledge, and Data Applications (DBKDA) 2020
- 2nd ACM SIGSPATIAL Workshop on Advances In Resilient and Intelligent Cities (ARIC) 2019
- Annual meetings of Geoinformatics in Sustainable Ecosystem and Society (GSES) and Geospatial Artificial Intelligence for Urban Computing (GeoAI-UC) (2019)
- International Working Conference on Source Code Analysis \& Manipulation (SCAM 2016)
- International Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR 2016, 2017)
- International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering (SANER 2015, 2017)
- International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering (CASCON 2013, 2015, 2016)
- CASCON Emerging Technologies Track 2015
- International Working Conference on Reverse Engineering (WCRE 2013)
Ontario Graduate Scholarship
IBM PhD Fellowship Award
Queen’s Graduate Award
Queen’s Conference Travel Award
Graduate Assistant-ship Scholarship – University of Windsor
CSER Fall’15. Learning to Reuse User Inputs. Consortium for Software Engineering Research (CSER). Markham, Canada, November 1st, 2015. Regular Research Talk
ULySSes’15 Learning to Reuse User Inputs in Service Composition. Ultra-large Scale Services Annual Meeting, Kingston, Canada, August 11th, 2015. Regular Research Talk
PWT’15. Automatic Filling Values to Services: A Road Map. IEEE Services Visionary track on Web Tasking, NYC, USA, June 30th, 2015.
ICWS’15. Learning to Reuse User Inputs in Service Composition. The 22th International Conference on Web Services, NYC, USA, June 28th, 2015.
IBM CAS Talk’15. Automatic Reuse of User Inputs to Services for End-users. Center for Advanced Studies, IBM Toronto Lab, Markham, Canada, June 23rd, 2015. Invited Talk. I was the only student invited for a IBM talk in 2015.
ICSOC’14. How Do Developers React to Web API Evolution? The 12th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing, Paris, France, November 2nd, 2014.
ICWS’14. Automatic Propagation of User Inputs in Service Composition for End-users. Proc. the 21st International Conference on Web Services, Alaska, USA, June 28th, 2014
ULySSes’13. Improving Bug Localization Using Correlations in Crash Reports. Ultra-large Scale Services Annual Meeting, London, Canada, June 19th, 2013. Regular Research Talk
MSR’13. Improving Bug Localization Using Correlations in Crash Reports. The 10th Working Conference on Mining Software Repositories, San Francisco, May 18th, 2013.
IBM University Days’12. An Empirical Study on Categorizing User Input Parameters for User Inputs Reuse. IBM Toronto Lab, Markham, Canada, April 21st, 2012. Invited Talk.